My sister Lizzy, who is an outstanding baker, recommended this super healthy zucchini bread recipe to me. She is currently on the Paleo diet to help with headaches and cramps. It's fun getting new recipe ideas from her like this one. I am a vegetarian (with the exception of super-fresh fish on occasion), but there are a ton of healthy veggie Paleo recipes.
I am very health conscious, but I do not like to make restrictions and truly believe that everyone should eat what is best for them. Every body is different. Personally, I feel my digestion and overall health is better when I eat lot of fresh fruit, veggies and fresh grains. This recipe is perfect for everyone because of its pure ingredients. It's also best with your morning cup of coffee.
- 2 small to medium zucchinis, shredded
- 3 pasture-raised eggs
- 2-3 tbsp. raw honey (I used an actual spoon and just used 3 tablespoon scoops of honey) or pure maple syrup
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, plus extra if greasing the pan
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- ¼ cup almond milk (if batter becomes too dry)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- Shred your zucchini finely.
- Mix the egg, honey or syrup, oil, and banana together in a large bowl (I mixed in a KitchenAid)
- Add in the dry ingredients and zucchini, then add the apple cider vinegar, and mix until the batter is smooth. (If batter is dry add a splash of almond milk or more melted coconut oil)
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Enjoy your healthy treat!